Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Good Napkins

This cracked me up! Tell me you all didn't wonder about these when youwere little!! THE GOOD NAPKINS... ahhhhh... the joys of having Girls... My mother taught me to read when I was four years old (her firstmistake). One day, I was in the bathroom and noticed one of the cabinetdoors was ajar. I read the box in the cabinet. I then asked my mother why she waskeeping 'napkins' in the bathroom. Didn't they belong in the kitchen? Not wanting to burden me with unnecessary facts, she told me thatthose were for "special occasions" (her second mistake). Now fast forward a few months.... It's Thanksgiving Day, and myfolks are leaving to pick up my uncle and his wife for dinner. Mom hadassignments for all of us while they were gone. Mine was to set the table. When they returned, my uncle came in first and immediately burstinto laughter. Next came his wife who gasped, then began giggling. Next camemy father, who roared with laughter. Then came Mom, who almost died of embarrassment when she saw eachplace setting on the table with a "special occasion" Kotex napkin at eachplate, with the fork carefully arranged on top. I had even tucked the littletail in so they didn't hang off the edge!! My mother asked me why I used these and, of course, my response sentthe other adults into further fits of laughter . "But, Mom, you said they were for special occasions!!!" Isn't it easier to just tell the truth?! ???????? Pass this on to your girlfriends who need a good laugh. ! Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, Love truly and forgive quickly Thanks Ronda

No comments: